Entrepreneurs spend years building their businesses, growing and expanding to meet the needs and demands of their customers, managing a P&L and carrying the weight of their employee’s payroll and benefits. It’s an honorable calling. Many business owners dream of the day when they are rewarded for their hard work and efforts, selling their business to the next generation of entrepreneurs. Leaving a legacy and knowing they did well.
Maximizing your business value when you take your company to market is another story. There are many differences between a successful entrepreneurial journey and a successful sale of your business. Buyers – people who would like to acquire your company – are interested in thriving businesses that are unique, presenting a compelling story that resonates with customers and differentiates them from their competition. They want businesses they can scale and grow, that have positive cash flow engines, generate recurring revenue and independently operate from their owners. And much more that they’re focused on and hunting for.
To realize the American Dream and maximize what your business is worth requires a plan. An exit strategy designed to best position your company to the market when you go through the selling process. Oftentimes, business owners want to increase their company’s value, and part of the exit strategy is to grow revenues and profits.
A successful growth strategy follows these steps, tailored for YOU:
PLANNING & FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE
- Value Builder and PREScore Owner Readiness Assessments
- Business Plan Review
- Financial Roadmap – Strategic Financial Evaluation
- Accounting Review and Accrual-Based Financials
- Action Plans for Profitable Growth
IDENTIFYING GROWTH OPTIONS
- Purple Unicorn – Uniqueness
- Growth Potential
- Scalability Finder
- Customer Satisfaction – Raving Fans
- Recurring Revenue that Resonates
- The Owner’s Trap
- Employee Dependence
- Positive Cash Flow
FINANCIAL ACCOUNTABILITY & PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
- Select growth options to engineer financial performance and profits
- Drive execution and actionable plans for growth
- Achieve predictable, positive cash flow
- Exceed key performance indicators and competitor benchmarks
- Reach your growth and valuation goals
SALES GROWTH PERFORMANCE
- Lead generation and nurturing
- Sales performance for profitable top line growth
- Profitable commission modeling
- Branding and awareness
- Alignment with one of our business M&A advisor or brokerage teams
- Sell-side due diligence
- Document gathering and review – preparing for Buyer Due Diligence
SUSTAINING BUSINESS VALUE
- Financial performance monitoring
- Actionable plans for continued growth
- Buyer due diligence request management
These steps can be essential to follow when growing your business with the intent to sell it.
Ready to get started?